Before moving ahead, in order to increase high quality backlinks for your website, you need to keep in mind few things. Google launched Penguin update in 2012 to remove spammy links of your site.
So now you have to generate only quality links. However there are few points which you need to IGNORE:
1. Avoid buying bulk links
2. Avoid buying exact anchor text link (Keep a proportion of 40%-20%–20%-10%-10% for anchor text variation)
3. Avoid site wide link from footer (WordPress themes or plugins)
4. Don’t opt for link networks (It can penalized you site in SERP)
100 Point to follow in order to Increase High Quality Backlinks
1. Submit Guest Post to Other Blogs
2. Always write relevant comments and submit to Dofollow blogs
3. Start Relevant Threads in Forums and Link to Your Blog Posts
4. Link your site in Forum thread signature
5. Social bookmarking will help to increase site links
6. Be active on discussion board, like Question and Answers Site List
7. Submit Blog post in Blogging Communities
8. Follow Yahoo Answers and write your web url in Answer Source
9. Exchange links in your blog post. Make sure to form link pyramid
10. Submit Your site to Top Blogging directories
11. Network with other bloggers in your niche and links will automatically follow you.
12. Submit your url to High PR Social Bookmarking Sites you know
13. Submit a articles at stumbleupon
14. Submit site link to digg, it is dofollow and Google crawls most of its submissions
15. Integrate your rss feed, List of RSS Directories
16. Always be updated to post Press release
17. Be live on High PR forums and try to post your site url in the thread. It might be on Approval basis
18. Convert your blog posts to pdf and submit it to document sharing sites, here is a list of document sharing sites for you to get started.
19. Make use of web 2.0 sites to get viral
20. Post on High PR Directory Submisson Sites
21. Always write high qualit content. Don’t copy from others
22. Submit your site to Dmoz
23. Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs list, This is the best practice to do
24. Make use of groups like Google Groups and Yahoo Groups
25. Create a Wikipedia Page and include your url in the resource section.
26. Start a blogging contest, it will attract other bloggers
27. Donate to charity sites, many of them will link back to your site.
28. Link exchanging sites will help you to get quick backlinks
29. Always be updated on Blog commenting sites and insert your site link in it
30. Open Guest Blogging, so that any one can come to your site and post a free article, But always remember to review it
31. Submit your images to image directories
32. Submit your website to local business directories
33. Write on about.com and link your blog in it
34. Create niche specific tutorials or posts
35. Create viral YouTube videos and include your site url in the video and description
36. Update your blog regularly because this will make more people trust your website
37. Write a post comparing various companies, services, technologies or graphs
38. Run surveys on your blog, and make it as public, so that everyone can see it
39. Get listed in top paid Directories like BOTW directory or Yahoo Directory
40. List your product on Ebay or Amazon and include a link back to your blog.
41. Write Articles on only HighPR Article sites
42. Start your referral or affiliate programme.
43. Create a Latest news tab and update it regularly
44. Also do PDF or PPT submission